TEST YOUR SPIRITUAL QUOTIENT
1. What did Jesus say was the most important commandment?
A. To love all, serve all.
B. To practise patience.
C. To love God with all your strength.
D. To never lie.
2. What was the origin of the Pranava? It originated from -
A. God’s breath.
B. An atom.
C. Lord Vishnu’s navel.
D. A thunderbolt.
3. What does the Native American belief system centre around?
A. A holy book.
B. Making pilgrimages.
4. Part of the Buddha’s teaching is contained in the Four Noble Truths. What is the First Noble Truth?
A. That life is full of suffering.
B. That man is intrinsically good.
C. That all are one.
D. That all must worship the sun.
5. Jains follow three jewels (ratna-traya) in their faith. The first two are right faith or perception, and right knowledge. What is the third?"
A. Right thinking.
B. Right conduct.
C. Right conversation.
D. Right business dealings.
7. Adi Shankara traversed India and spread the doctrine of Advaitha over the entire country. He became a monk (sanyaasi) at a young age, overcoming his mother’s objections. How did he persuade her?
A. By pretending that a crocodile was about to eat him.
B. By running away.
C. By refusing to eat.
D. By pretending to be dead.
7. In the Mahabharatha, how was Draupadi’s honour saved in the court hall of Dhrutarashtra, when Dusshaana wanted to disrobe her?
A. The Pandavas fought and saved her.
B. An eagle flew down and took her away.
C. Her robes became unending.
D. She turned herself into a bee and flew away.
What is Swami’s definition of Mounam or keeping silence?
A. Not to speak to others.
B. To avoid company.
C. To sit in a silent place.
D. To go beyond the senses.
9. The Japji prayer is the creation of which religious founder?
A. Guru Nanak.
10. How does Swami define Moksha – liberation?
A. Ending all ties with people.
B. Ending all desires.
C. Permanent meditation.
D. Going to the heavenly worlds after death.
Dear Reader, did you like this quiz? Is it too difficult? Is it interactive enough? How does it help you? Please tell us at [email protected]