|Volume 4 - Issue 08 AUGUST 2006||
GITA FOR CHILDREN
Chapter – 9
5. ‘Most people do not understand all this. Instead, as if they are men of enlightenment, they declare, “There is nothing strange about the Sun shining. Such things happen on account of the Laws of Nature”. Little do they understand that these so-called Laws of Nature flow actually from Me and Me alone! But let that pass.’
6. Arjuna asks, ‘Krishna, what do You do after having created the Universe?’
7. Krishna replies, ‘Basically I just sit back, so to say, and watch everything that goes on. Since I am Omnipresent, I know exactly what goes on where, all the time. I also know what everyone is doing, since I am the Indweller. In short, I play the role of a Cosmic Witness.’
8. Arjuna seems puzzled and asks, ‘I don’t quite follow. If all You want to do is to sit back and watch, why did You create the Universe?’
9. Krishna laughs and replies, ‘Oh, that is simple. Let us say there is an inventor. He designs a fancy mechanical toy; having done so, he sets it in motion and then spends hours in enjoyment, watching the toy do all kinds of things.’
10. Arjuna intervenes and says, ‘Krishna, that is what we humans do. But You are God!’
11. Most benevolently, Krishna replies, with His usual smile of course, ‘You seem to forget that man too is God, in human form that is. If man can amuse himself that way, why not I? You may not understand all that but the Wise do and that is why they often describe Creation as a Leela or the Sport of God.’
12. ‘Now in this Leela, occasionally, I put in a direct and personal appearance.’
13. To this Arjuna says, ‘Krishna, are You referring to Your Incarnation as an Avatar?’
14. Krishna replies, ‘Exactly. I appear in human form to be physically close to man, help him in many ways, guide him, and so forth. However, misguided by My human form, most people do not comprehend that I am truly Divine. Somehow, they always imagine that God must be something Super-human.’
19. Arjuna then asks, ‘Krishna, in that case, if I were to become 100% Pure, would what I want instantly happen like in Your case?'
20. Krishna replies, ‘Of course, without a doubt. By the way, when you become 100% Pure, all the present and apparent differences between you and Me would disappear. You would have become one with Me, and there would be no Arjuna exercising separately a will of his own!’
(To be continued...)
To access all the previous issues of this serial please type "Serial Gita For Children" in the search box provided above the article.
– Heart2Heart Team
|You can write to us at : [email protected]|
Vol 4 Issue 08 - AUGUST 2006
Best viewed in Internet Explorer - 1024 x 768 resolution.
DHTML Menu by Milonic.