TEST YOUR SPIRITUAL QUOTIENT
1. In the Indian epic Mahabharatha, how did Karna get his name? Karna means ‘ear’ in Sanskrit?
A. Because he always listened to the advice of elders.
B. Because he had acute hearing abilities.
C. Because he gave away his divine earrings to Lord Indra as charity.
D. Because he had oversized ears.
2. Complete Swami’s famous saying – You cannot always oblige …
A. but you can help.
B. that is life.
C. but try harder next time.
D. but you can always speak obligingly.
3. What important habit does Swami tell us to practise first upon waking up?
A. Cleaning the tongue.
B. Saluting the Sun.
C. Drinking coffee.
D. Practising asanas.
4. What is the meaning of the name ‘Raamaayana’?
A. The life of Rama.
B. The journey of Rama.
C. The song of Rama.
D. Rama's victory.
In the Bible, how did Moses receive the Ten Commandments?
A. They were whispered into his ear by God.
B. They were shown to him in a dream.
C. They were found by him inscribed onto stone tablets.
D. An angel gave them to him written on parchment.
A follower of the Buddha commonly recites The Three Refuges to confirm his commitment to Buddhism. These are: to take refuge in the Buddha, the Dhamma and the Sangha. What does Dhamma refer to?
A. Ritualistic worship.
B. The teachings of the Buddha.
C. The life in heaven.
D. Prayer and fasting.
7. The foundation of the Muslim religion is based on the 'Five Pillars'. One of these is Zakah - what does this refer to?
A.The practice of giving alms.
B. Praying five times a day.
C. Reading the Koran.
D. Making a pilgrimage to Mecca.
Complete this famous saying from Swami. Who is the poorest man in the world?
A. The man with the least money.
B. He who does not follow a moral path.
C. He who does not know God.
D. He who has the most desires.
9. ‘Shivarathri’ means "Auspicious night". How is Shivarathri celebrated in Prashanti Nilayam?
A. By dance and music dedicated to Lord Shiva.
B. By taking out Shiva’s chariot into the streets.
C. By all night Bhajans.
D. By feeding the poor night long.
10. When Swami was a young boy He appeared in the sanctum sanctorum of a temple, whilst at the same time, being outside the temple guarding His companions’ baggage. This miracle of appearing in two places at once occurred at which temple?
B. Sri Sailam.