TEST YOUR SPIRITUAL QUOTIENT
1. In Islam what does the word Hadith refer to?
A. A verse from the Quran.
B. The period of lamenting for the dead.
C. A verified statement or saying of the Prophet Muhammad.
D. The place where demons dwell.
2. What did Rama have to accomplish in order to win the hand of Sita in marriage? Lord Rama had to:
A. Lift and break the Bow of Shiva.
B. Lift and string the Bow of Shiva.
C. Shoot an arrow from the Bow of Shiva.
D. Find the Bow of Shiva.
3. What does the Jewish holiday of the Passover commemorate?
A. The Israelites' escape from Egypt.
B. The Jewish new year.
C. The autumn harvest.
D. The end of the Jewish fasting period.
4. Dharma is the first word and mama the last word of which Hindu scripture?
A. The Mahabharatha.
B. The Ramayana.
C. The Bhagavatham.
D. The Bhagavad Gita.
5. Complete these words of Jesus "Let the _______ come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of God."
A. Poor and meek.
B. Little children.
6. Complete the quotation of Swami, “Duty without love is deplorable, duty with love is desirable, __________".
A. Love is divine, duty is divine.
B. Love with duty is divine.
C. Love without duty is divine.
D. Duty is love, love is divine.
7. Prince Siddhartha, later the Buddha, was shielded from all unpleasant sights by his father and lived his early life exclusively in the palace. One day he left the palace for the first time and saw four people who shocked him and propelled him onto the path of enlightenment. Three of the people were an old man, a sick man and a monk. Who was the fourth?
A. A soldier.
B. A dead man.
C. A man singing to God.
D. A beggar.
8. In the Bhagavatham the evil King Kamsa tried his best to kill the baby Lord Krishna – what method did he use?
A. Kamsa sent his army to kill Krishna.
B. Kamsa did penance to Lord Vishnu to gain the power to kill Krishna.
C. Kamsa came in the guise of a Brahmin to kill Krishna.
D. Kamsa sent several demons to kill Krishna.
9. In the Bhagavatham, Duryodhana persuaded the wrathful sage Durvasa to go to the Pandavas with his 10,000 followers and ask for a sumptuous meal, knowing that Durvasa would be left unsatisfied and then curse the Pandavas. Thus the distraught Pandavas prayed to Lord Krishna to save them, as they had already partaken food from their sacred vessel which would not fill up again as it does before every meal. When the Lord arrived He requested the sacred vessel. What happened next?
A. Lord Krishna created an endless supply of food using the sacred vessel.
B. Lord Krishna gave the sacred vessel to Durvasa.
C. Durvasa’s hunger was satisfied after Krishna ate a scrap of leftover leaf from the vessel.
D. Lord Krishna persuaded Durvasa to leave with a promise of His Grace.
10. Can you complete this sentence from Swami? “Though my heart is soft as butter, it melts only when there is some ____ in your prayer.”
Dear Reader, did you like this quiz? Is it too difficult? Is it interactive enough? How does it help you? Please tell us at [email protected]