On 20th October 1940, a golden collar pin that had been presented to Swami was lost after a visit to the temple at Hampi. What did Swami say was the significance of this event?
A. That all worldly ties had been extinguished.
B. That we should not wear gold ornaments.
C. That one should never offer such items to Swami.
D. That the money used on the pin should have been spent on feeding the poor.
2. In Sikhism, what does the Akhand Path refer to?
A. The singing of Bhajans for 24 hours.
B. It means the equivalent of the words 'Sanathana Dharma'.
C. The reading of the Guru Granth Sahib from beginning to end.
D. A particular sect within Sikhism.
3. In the Mahabaratha, what did the Pandavas decide to do after the passing away of Lord Krishna?
A. To retire to the forest and spend time in meditation and austerities.
B. To give away their kingdom and all their riches to the poor.
C. To vow to walk on until their bodies dropped dead.
D. To build a samadhi temple to Lord Krishna.
4. In the Koran, where do we find the important verse of 'Al-Fatiha'?
A. At the beginning
B. At the end
C. In the middle
D. At the beginning and end
5. What does Swami advise us to do when we are angry?
A. Express it, as we should not suppress our emotions.
B. Avoid the anger through various means.
C. Express it sometimes, suppress it sometimes.
D. Shout out aloud, if need be and let the pent up energy go.
6. Who was the founding father of the Jewish nation?
7. What does Swami say is the spiritual significance of the word 'diamond'?
A. That we should end our desire-filled mind.
B. That we should be hard as diamonds.
C. That we must shine like a diamond.
D. That we must reform ourselves, as a diamond is cut and chiseled.
8. What was the name of the disciple who betrayed Jesus to the Roman soldiers?
9. Once Swami went as a young boy to the Hanuman temple in Puttaparthi with some other children. The boys started to circumambulate the temple but Swami was reluctant to join them in this until persuaded to by the boys. What happened next?
A. A storm arose and they had to seek shelter inside the temple.
B. Hanuman appeared and stopped Swami from going around the temple.
C. The boys saw Hanuman standing in the place of Swami.
D. Swami encouraged the children to sing bhajans vigorously as they went around the temple.
10. What is the name of the place where the Buddha attained enlightenment?
Dear Reader, did you like this quiz? Is it too difficult? Is it interactive enough? How does it help you? Please tell us at [email protected]